The Digital Services Agreement “(Agreement)”, which governs your use of M&T Digital Services, including M&T Online and Mobile Banking, has been updated.
Please see the summary of changes below. Please read the entire Agreement carefully and review the
updated DSA as the summary does not cover all changes in detail.
Summary of Changes:
Section B: “M&T Online Banking”: Agreement is updated to clarify for
Investment Accounts that you could lose money by investing in the Fund. Although the Fund seeks to preserve the value of your investment at $1.00 per share, it cannot guarantee it will do so. An investment in the Fund is not a deposit of M&T Bank and is not insured or guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any other government agency. The Fund's sponsor has no legal obligation to provide financial support to the Fund, and you should not expect that the sponsor will provide financial support to the Fund at any time.
Section C: “Bank to Bank Transfers”: Agreement is updated to indicate that if a requested funds transfer cannot be completed for any reason, we will make a reasonable effort to complete the requested funds transfer one additional time. A second processing attempt by M&T may delay the completion of the requested funds transfer. It is your responsibility to monitor your Bank to Bank Eligible Accounts through Online Banking, the Bank to Bank Transfer page and your External Bank Accounts to determine if your Transfer Instruction has been processed.
Section F: “Mobile Banking”: Effective January 17, 2017, mobile users will no longer be able to use Mobile Web Banking by visiting mtb.com on a mobile device. Mobile users will need to utilize the M&T Mobile App.
Section H: “FinanceWorks™”: Agreement is updated to clarify 3. Privacy and Security of Your Account Information. As described in Section H of the Agreement, through the FinanceWorks Service, a user is able to retrieve, view and maintain Account Information for accounts with M&T and Other Financial Institutions. M&T may receive summary information regarding users, and use of, the FW Service (including, for example, the number of customers using the service and how they are using it and the identity of the Other Financial Institutions). M&T may use this information to help improve the FinanceWorks Service.
M&T Mortgage Customers:
Section B: “M&T Online Banking”: Agreement is updated to include the following:
- Internal Transfers and M&T Loan Payments from External Accounts: d. Stopping Recurring Payments
For Customers using My Mortgage Info for scheduling an auto-draft payment(s) for an Eligible Account, you can stop any auto-draft payment using one of the following methods: (i) cancel your funds transfer instruction using the My Mortgage Info Site; or (ii) telephone us at 1-800-790-9130 or send us a written request at M&T Bank, P.O. Box 4627, Buffalo, NY 14240 in time for us to receive your request at least three (3) of our Business Days before the next recurring funds transfer. If you call, we may require you to confirm your request in writing and transmit it to us within 14 days after the date you called us. For customers using My Mortgage Info for scheduling a single “Make a Payment”, that single scheduled payment may be able to be cancelled by calling 1-800-790-9130.
- Account Balance and Transaction History
For Mortgage Accounts, balance summary and account transaction detail will generally be available when accessed through My Mortgage Info for at least 90 days.
Section K: “General Provisions for Digital Services”: Agreement is updated to include the following:
15. Customer Requests and Error Resolution Notice and Procedures (Mortgage Accounts).
If you have general questions about your mortgage account or the servicing of your mortgage loan(s), you may call M&T at
1-800-724-2224. Depending on the question(s) you have, you may be advised of the need to send your question or complaint in writing addressed to M&T as set forth below.
CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS, NOTICE OF ERROR OR REQUESTS for INFORMATION
If you have a specific complaint about the servicing of your mortgage loan or are notifying M&T of a
Notice of Error or
Request for Information, you must send such a notification to M&T addressed as follows:
M&T Bank, P.O. Box 62986, Baltimore, MD 21264-2986
M&T will acknowledge any
Notice of Error or
Request for Information received at the above address within 5 business days of receipt. We will promptly commence our review of your mortgage account and respond to your notification within the time frame required by law. If we determine an error occurred relating to your mortgage loan, we will correct any error promptly and will provide you a written explanation. If our review indicates that no error occurred you will also notify you. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our review.
Section L: “Digital Services Fee Schedule”: Agreement is updated to include the following:
- Digital Services Fees for Mortgage Accounts:
M&T Bank does not charge a fee for use of the My Mortgage Info Site: There may be a separate fee for certain services and features available on the My Mortgage Info Site. The fees associated with the use of such services and features will be disclosed if and when you elect to use such services and features.
No further action is required on your part at this time. Your continued use of M&T Digital Services confirms your agreement with these changes. If you choose to not accept the changes, please contact M&T at 1-800-790-9130 to unenroll in M&T Digital Services.
For reference, the following are the prior changes made to the Agreement.
- Section A. "Preliminary General Provisions": Agreement is updated to indicate that, after initial enrollment and access to M&T Mobile Banking, you may be able to use a fingerprint as an alternative to a passcode for access to M&T Mobile Banking. This will be available on November 9, 2016.
- Section B. “M&T Online Banking”: Agreement is updated to indicate that cardholders enrolled in the M&T Rewards Program for personal credit cards can view and redeem earned points by accessing the M&T Rewards site and the M&T Rewards Program Terms and Conditions apply. Direct access to the M&T Rewards site through M&T Digital Services may be added in the near future. If you are enrolled in the program, you will receive additional information prior to the change.
- Section E. "Statements and Notices”: Agreement is updated to clarify the process for enrolling and selecting Eligible Accounts for the Statements and Notices service. If you select electronic delivery of your statements and notices during Online Banking enrollment, or if you wait until after Online Banking enrollment, your selection applies to all of your Eligible Accounts. You may change your selection for specific Eligible Account(s) through the Update Delivery Settings window within Digital Services. For example, you may change your election for one or more specific accounts from electronic delivery to paper delivery or from paper to electronic.
- Section G. “M&T Mobile Deposit”: Agreement is updated to reflect upcoming service expansion. In addition, Returned items were added to the list of ineligible checks for this service.
- Section J. “Alerts Service”: Agreement is updated to remove references to ‘push notifications’ as these alerts are discontinued as of October 25, 2016.
To see the M&T Digital Services Agreement, please click on the following link:
M&T Digital Services Agreement. If you have questions, please call 1-800-790-9130 (Monday-Friday 8am-9pm, Saturday-Sunday 9am-5pm ET).